Introduction To The Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)
The Hobbyking Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) is developed with a simplified user-friendly process for the following:
- Warranty claims: Incorrect, Defective, Damaged, Faulty, Missing parts
- No Fuss Returns for product dissatisfaction.
These updated RMA features are here to help improve the customers' understanding of the process, and for us to better meet customers' needs and expectations, including resolving merchandise issues, in a timely manner.
General Warranty Policies And Guidelines
- An RMA must be created for any return to be authorized. Returning items back without an RMA may cause them to be refused and sent back to customers.
- Customers may return items to the warehouse for store credit or a refund of the product cost if they are dissatisfied under our No Fuss Returns policy. This must be done within 30 days from the date of receipt, and the item must be in pristine condition
- **Pristine condition refers to original packaging with ALL accessories included.
- **If the original packaging has been opened, only 80% of the product price may be refunded to cover any repackaging, quality check (QC) inspection, and verification costs.
- HobbyKing.com Service Centers don’t accept crashes, damaged parts of the items due to misuse, and items that have been modified.
- HobbyKing.com does not accept items returned or for warranty, if the damaged or faulty items occurred during actual use of a vehicle itself or during actual use in a vehicle, due to crashes, rough handling, or other misuses, if they have not undergone a complete "pre-flight" check first and/or if they have been modified or altered in any way that voids the warranty.
- **HobbyKing.com accepts no responsibility for the improper installation and use of purchased products. The warranty period for all types of batteries is within 60 days of purchase, and 1 year for other products such as internal parts (ESC, motor, servo, etc.) and RC items (plane, helicopter, boat, and car).
- The warranty period is effective from the date of purchase unless otherwise stated on the product listing webpage itself. There is no warranty at all available for Scratch & Dent items.
- All relevant information must be included on the RMA application form. If an item is requested to be returned to us, the HobbyKing return address will be supplied to the customer in the RMA notes.
- HobbyKing does not supply courier pick-up slips or return shipping labels. HobbyKing may compensate for return shipping of warranty items with a store credit, in select cases only. HobbyKing will not compensate for the return shipping of No Fuss Return items.
- Photos and/or videos are required for Initial Evaluation (submission via RMA) for all warranty-type claims.
- All types of batteries that are deemed Faulty are NOT required to be returned to the warehouse. Requested photos and/or videos are required to justify the fault of these items.
- For the sending back items via RMA, the RMA form copy or handwritten copy MUST be attached to the parcel or included within the returning package. The Customer's name, Email address, Order Number, and RMA number MUST be included with any RMA return.
- RMA items that have been approved for replacement, will have a new order made for the replacement item and are generally made to be sent to the shipping address of the order they were purchased on. If a customer has changed their mailing address within the warranty period and wishes the replacement to be sent elsewhere, they MUST stipulate this on the RMA form notes when the RMA is created.
- Any returns to the warehouse sent by customers can take up to 7-10 business days, excluding weekends, to inspect and process the Received Return before we proceed to Settlement status.
- After submitting the RMA form, if we receive no response from the customer within 45 days or once the parcel is required to be sent back but is not returned to our warehouse within that 45 days, it will be subject to rejection and closing of the entire RMA application.
- Replacement parts most often will be requested directly from the manufacturer and not taken from warehouse stock. Customers need to allow some time for this type of resolution to occur.
- If HobbyKing cannot provide the replacement parts or replacement item, and/or the customer must return the product in full. It is at that time ONLY that they are eligible to receive a store credit or a money refund.
- Warranty Support Page
Select Products MUST be returned to us for inspection. The liability of the product is restricted to the sale price of the product.
The Policy shall be prepared and executed in English and if translated into a language other than English for any purpose, the English version shall in all events prevail and be paramount in the event of any differences, questions, or disputes concerning the meaning, form, validity, or interpretation of the Policy.